Attention all students, display your cosmic art skills at the Fountain Hills Dark Sky Festival for a chance to win a stellar prize.
The top 20 entries from each grade level category will be displayed at the Community Center
during the week leading up to the event. Winners will also be displayed at the River of Time Museum after the event.
Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners of each age group:
Drawings and Paintings
Cash prizes for K-3, 4-5, 6-8 and 9-12 category winners
$100 for 1st, $50 for 2nd, $25 for 3rd in each age group category
Cash prizes for high school winners
$100 for 1st, $50 for 2nd, $25 for 3rd
- Submissions should be 12”x16” in a landscape orientation
- Entries must be submitted to a teacher by Thurs, March 21, 2019.
- For homeschool students, please contact us via our web form.
- Entries will be collected from each school office on Friday, March 22, 2019. (Teachers:
- Please alert school office personnel and label the bundle “Dark Sky Art Contest.”)
- Students should follow the theme of Space or the Night Sky. Drawings, paintings and digital art are all welcomed.
- One entry per student.
- Make copies of the entry form on the reverse side of this page.
- Tape the entry form on the back of the art, written in pencil: Name, Grade, Age, Phone
- ENTRY FORM MUST INCLUDE PARENT RELEASE SIGNATURE TO ENTER THE CONTEST.
- All entries will be returned to the teachers after the event.