Display your cosmic art skills at the Fountain Hills Dark Sky Festival for a chance to win a stellar prize!
The top 10 entries from each grade level category will be displayed at the Community Center. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners of each age group:
Drawings and Paintings (other than “Festival Advertising Posters”, see below)
• Cash prizes for K-3, 4-5, 6-8 and 9-12 category winners.
★ $100 for 1st, $50 for 2nd, $25 for 3rd in each age group category
Digital Art/ Digital Photography
• High School only. Cash prizes for high school winners.
★ $100 for 1st, $50 for 2nd, $25 for 3rd
Festival Advertising Poster (Any flat medium accepted: photo/art/digital/collage)
• Grades 6-12. One set of Cash prizes. May be portrait or landscape.
• Must contain the words “Dark Sky Festival”, but do not include year or date on poster
★$100 for 1st, $50 for 2nd, $25 for 3rd
• Winners will be announced in advance so they may attend the March 28 Award Ceremony in person
• Submissions should be approximately 12”x16” in a landscape orientation. No frames or mats accepted.
• Entries must be submitted to teacher by Thursday, February 27, 2020.
• Entries will be collected from each school office Friday, February 28, 2020. (Teachers: Please alert school
office personnel and label the bundle “Dark Skies Art Contest.”)
• Students should follow the theme of Space or the Night Sky. Drawings, paintings and digital art / digital
photography, etc. are all welcome.
• One entry per student.
• Make copies of the entry form on the reverse side of this page.
• Tape the entry form to the back of the art with a single 1” piece of scotch tape
• ENTRY FORM MUST INCLUDE PARENT RELEASE SIGNATURE TO ENTER THE CONTEST.
• All entries will be returned to the teachers after the event.
Monetary awards will be presented at the Dark Sky Festival Awards Ceremony, March 28, between 4-9 pm.